Friday, August 3, 2012

How did i hitchhike in the middle of nowhere (in greece) - hh part 1

One girl
One evening
No one helping her
In the middle of highway

Ok. I'm not the only girl who tried to hitchhike alone in europe. thats not a big news for humanity. Girls alone autostop the whole europe, til middle east then even in india blabla. BUT NOT ME.
its quite a news for me.

I am stubborn. I decided not to wait all night long to take the safe autobus to go turkey. No. I decided to reach the border with my own terms, possibilities and so, which means HH, basically.
No problem with reaching to alexandroupolis. I took the bus, for 4 hours. The stupid problem is that there is no bus going to turkey, before 3 o clock in the morning. So, what? Am I gonna wait 12 hours? Noo.

I met a young greek boy in the bus. Very young, 19 years old. When we got off, his friend and he tried to help me, by looking for the tourist information desk. on the street, I saw some young hippi-ish guys, some with rasta, some half naked (topless), they looked like they could like some adventure like hitchhiking to turkey, I decided to talk to them. Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that one of them was totally the love of my life, my future husband with blue eyes, long blond hair, shirtless, tattoo, omg, those shoulders, that chest... I stop. take me back there!

apparently they had no idea about hitchhiking. Disappointment. I wanted to ask more in order to be able to stare at him a bit more, I was wishing that they invited me up there house or to get some drinks.... But no. I am in greece, that would happen in spain... not in greece.

My head down on the road, took my luggage and left, probably looking like a turkish girl who escaped from home to be an artist or singer... Cause they asked me with eyes full of pity, how I got there...

In the end, I found some cartonbox to write huge TURKEY (KESAN) and started to wait for cars, the board on one hand, hitchhike finger on the other hand... No one came to pick me up towards turkey, except one car who told me thar I should go to the highway, cause the cars and trucks coming from thessaloniki are passing there to go to turkey. I said ok. im such a fearless stupid.

He took me to the highway, long road to walk back in case of some unfortunate experience, it was already like 6.30 afternoon. Sun was setting. Me, in the middle of nowhere, alone, a few cars passing full throttle. No houses around... Just land and lanscape...

Then I realized, that I was not really being wise going there, not waiting for the bus at 2 am.

Think positive, think positive. Board, finger, just wait, and hope for the best....

2 comments:

Katya R said...

But you got there in the end!

I loved how those cute guys thought you ran away from home. If only they knew that you don't need their pity :)

So... Spanish guys are more easy-going than Greek guys?

Derya said...

Then what??? Tell the whole story!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Netherlands'de gozume carpanlar