Thursday, October 27, 2011

sweet & bitter temptation

i have concerns. 


lately one thought is crossing my mind constantly: reactivating my facebook account. 


its a sweet temptation, makes my heart pumps faster. connecting with many people, following the daily news and the accurate happenings around the world and in turkey. reaching the events organized in barcelona, stalking some new guiris in the town, sharing stuff with family and friends...


on the other hand,


its a bitter temptation, makes my stomach hurt and gives me cramps. seeing some people's profiles that i dont want to see or think, knowing how they are doing or with who they are talking. i know i wont hold myself, i wont resist THAT temptation which will make me feel miserable. i know myself, i am weak until i make a strong and instant decision to rip those people off my life. however i am not sure if i will be able to do so in near future. maybe yes maybe no. i dont feel ready despite the sweet temptation of being watched and followed by others... 


yeah, we are social animals. but i CHOSE not to be one, at least not through some virtual cyber life stalker gadget. (ok, i dont wanna be followed on the street either, lets be clear about that:P) 


still... that sweet temptation... 




maybe it's called BOREDOM...



1 comment:

Derya said...

I once tried to filter my Facebook from all those I dont wanna see. (I dont care about my primary school friend that I didnt contact for years, did not miss or whatever.)
I did deleted some people and most of them, including a girl I just met once months ago, asked me why I did deleted them, what was happening.
Maybe I just shouldnt care, delete all inneccessary people. This will make me an asshole but this is how we can have nice, clean, enjoyable Facebook accounts just like you want to have.
Wow, so much I did wanna say =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Netherlands'de gozume carpanlar